Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

I AM OF ADEBOYE,I AM OF OYEDEPO

If there is any war that the present day churches must fight against,it's nothing but a gross mentality of interdenominationalism.And as controversial as this issue appears,we've given less attention to it and that is why it has been generating an internal heat in the christian cycle.We cannot continue to delude ourselves,claiming all is well while sentimentalism is heating us up gradually.
You an I mustn't be living in the fool's paradise before we get to know that this issue am discussing has taken over the whole atmosphere of each denomination.A guy from redeem will claim that his own church is superior,ridiculing a guy from Baptist.Another may say,Bishop Oyedepo performs more miracle than your pastors in CAC,Pastor Adeboye is better than all the pastors and the likes.And I wonder if this sense of church justification will ever take a man to heaven and it appears to me as if we never have an understanding of what a church is.In the days of the apostles,nothing like interdenomination comparision,they all believed that they're of one body and do all things in common without disparities.Why are we so addicted to doctrines at the expense of what a true church of God should be.I'm of the opinion that irrespective of doctrines,we must still see ourselvers as one,neglecting our doctrinal differences and make Jesus the centre of focus.
This same sense of "I am of this and that" as so much eaten us up that various denominations encourage or hold a seminar to specially discourage their members marrying a non-member of their denomination or simply put as another person from different denomination.Reason(s) for this is not far fetched and I believe you know why.For how long are we to continue creating a kind of demarcation amidst ourselves? Some will even say that "I'll rather prefer not to go to church than to go to a church different from mine" as if the name of the church is what will take him/her to heaven.But then,who are we serving? Are we serving man or God? Church or christ? Is our denomination a ticket to heaven? Does our doctrines have anything to do with the manual of life given to us(Bible)? Must we always exalt our doctrine more than the word of God? This and many others we get to know before we will be able to put off this attitude.
Personally,I don't see anything bad in worshipping in another denomination different from mine provided same Jesus is the basis of operation.I once worshipped in a different denominatn and was puntual without being sentimental.In most cases,I've to stood my ground to correct this erroneous believe when my colleagues put the matter of my church pass your church and my pastor pass your church.
At this point,I will like to take you back to the word of God to see how sensitive this matter is.Bro.Paul in the book of corinthians was addressing the church in corinth when he discovered that sentiment and comparison of men of God is now the order of the day and so as to correct them,he sent them a letter in 1corin 1 vs 11,12,13 "......that there is contentions among you"
"Now this I say,that every one of you saith,I am of Paul;and I of Apollos; and I of cephas;and I of christ."
"Is christ divided? Was paul crucified for you? Or were ye baptized in the name of paul?
Obviously,you will see that these are questions we need ask ourselves as a church of today..
"Is christ divided? Was Adeboye crucified for you? Or were ye baptized in the name of Oyedepo ?

Let's put doctrinal differences apart and make Jesus the centre of focus.
@IscAmao

No comments:

Post a Comment