Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

CHRISTIANS AND MUSICS

Immediately I finished a sunday school class,a sister came to me and ask me few question.Out of those one asked was:Is it Good for Christians to listen to worldly Hip Hop musics? I pursed a little bit to ask her few but reasonable questions which goes thus:Assuming you preached to me to accept christ and after that I made up my mind to follow Him but in a short while I beckoned on you to give me your phone to send some xtians transforming songs that will stabilize my faith but to my utmost regret,I found worldly Hip Hop Musics which is on my phone as well.How would you feel? She said not fine.
I used the above question cuz I had a likewise experience despite being born again and that's why I've a full knowledge of what am about to discuss.
Sincerely, it has always been a thug of war explaining this integral aspect of christianity to people.Explaining the concept of the type of song worthy of christians to listen to has been termed as being too spiritual.Many claimed that,listening to it is just to be social and catch fun but for a better understanding,I'll like us go from here and search the scripture so that we will not live in the darkness of this simple but controversial issue.
This man called David was of the knowledge of what God deserves.When he's busy,he makes God to feel the aroma of his praises and this may be one of those vital reasons while God has made him a special candidate in his school of music.He wrote many of the chapters of the book of psalm you and I read today.However,if David'd approached God with meaningless and worldly musics,do you think we will have his "psalms" recorded? We have an endless list of them in the bible.This same song was the device God used to delivered the Isrealites instead of fighting,He told them to be singing.Somehow ridiculous but that's the power of music I'm talking about.
There're xian musics you listen to and you cannot but shed tears because it's touching,some give hope and thanks to God.How can you then compare this with a song that's directly connected to God and that adds no unit(s) to your spiritual growth or moral standing.It's in our days that somebody will sing aloud that "he is mad" or "he's drunk with madness" and this becomes the song in the mouth of believers.what example are we showing the world? No wonder the bible says "my name is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you"
This same sense of ungodly habit is gradually entering the church of God when you'll find it difficult to distinguish a worship place from a party.Where sisters and brothers became drunk with devil's spirit filled songs matching it with a dancing styles they thought is taking its course as the latest in town.A.w Tozer once asked "Isn't there a difference between worship and entertainment? He then conclude that ".....and men who can't lead a church to worship must provide the entertainment"
May be we take God for a fool who will accept anything from us.Have you forgotten cain and Abel? Even the angels are singing HOLY,HOLY,HOLY unto him every seconds.why not you?
Brethren,you get to master the choice of your songs and desires cuz through a wrong choice many have landed dmslves into the hell fire.
Bro.PAUL says "All things are lawful unto me,but all are not expedient,all things are lawful for me,but I'll not be brought under the power of many-1corin 6:12"
God Bless
IscAmao

No comments:

Post a Comment