Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

THE RACE OF LIFE 102

Defeat! He lay there silently,a tear dropped from his eye.
"There's no sense running anymore-three strikes,
I'm out-why try?"
The will to rise had disappeared,all hope had fled away,
so far behind,so error prone,closer all the way
I've lost,so what's the use," he thought,
"I'll live with my disgrace"
But then he thought about his dad who
soon he'd have to face.
"Get up," an echo sounded low,
"Get up and take your place.
You were not meant for failure here,
so get up and win the race"
"you haven't lost all,
For winning is not more than this-to rise each time you fall"
So up he rose to win once more,an with a new commit,
He resolved that win or lose,atleast he wouldn't quit.
So far behind the other now,the most he'd ever been.
still he gave it all he had and ran as though to win.
Three times he'd fallen stumbling
three times he rose again.

Too far behind to hope to win,he still ran as he crossed,
first place,
Head high and proud and happy;no falling,no disgrace.
But when the fallen youngster crossed the line,last place,
The crowd gave him the greater cheer
for finishing the race.
And even thoug he came in last,
with head bowed low,unproud;
You would have thought he won the race to listen to the crowd.
And to his dad he sadly said
" I didn't do so well"
"To me,you won,"his father said
"You rose each time you fell"

And now when things seem dark and difficult to face
The memory of that little boy helps me in my race.For all of life is that race;



with ups and downs and all,
And all you have to do to win -is rise each time you fall
"Quit! Give up,you're beaten," they still shout in my face
But another voice within me says,
" Get up and win that race"-Author unknown
Oooo! How I wish you read and re-read this poem onehundred and one times with a perculiar attention to get some meats on why you don't need give up.Sincerely I understand how you feel;you've failed or you're failing and think that there is nothing to bring out of life again,you're hemmed in the dungeon of failure and you've decided to make it your dwelling home or habitat,but this is the good news:you can still make it by changing your present mental design about failure.Rise up, and move,for you're destined to win.Break out of your cocoon to shine.
All you need to do to win -is to rise each time you fall.
Yes,three strikes! But never get out of the race.
I can't wait to re-echo this into your auditory nerves that 'You haven't lost all.For winning is no more than this to rise each time you fall.So,get up and rise to win once more with a new commit.
When you take the last,you may say that ' I didn't do so well' but 'To me,you won'
'You rose each time you fell'
Am pretty sure you're reay to get back on the track.Don't live with your disgrace!
"Get up and win that race "
You can follow me on twitter (@Isaacsogo)

2 comments: