Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

THE RACE OF LIFE 101

The opportunity of being an athlete atleast for a moment during my secondary school days podded me to pick up the withering tendrils of my pen and spit in verse what the real 'race of life' looks like.The memory of that day is still very bright and will linger in my non-volatile memory.I guess I'd tell my children about this.
Before the race,I was told that I'll only run for 100 $ 200 metre boys,so,I was prepared to give glory to my house masters at all cost.With internally generated force and determination,I came fist and second respectively.Don't ever think I'm Usain Bolt,but I always put my best to anything worthwhile.Oooh! Come and see sounds of irregular frequencies cheering me up,raining claps for me and jumping up and down like a frog.My head swelled up but never bursted(lols..).Well,you're always friends to people when you're succeeding.No wonder,Mother Teresa said 'when you're successful,you'll attract some false friends and true enemies' Everybody wants to be identified with you.At the end of the two races,it's like ending with apostle Paul's words that says 'I've finished my course...I'm now ready to depart!'
However,my own case was diametrically opposed to Bro.Paul's statement.So,what happened next? Out of blue(i.e unexpectedly),I was called upon to run with the 400 metre boys.Hearing this,my heart vibrated to its depth because I'll run a race that I never prepared for.Reason(s) for being the choice was probably because the person that should was missing or dulged it.I'm optionless,but sincerely I know that running with big boys won't be a bread and butter stuff.It's just a kind of David against Goliath contest.The whistle was blown and the speedometer was turned on.I make my veins to steam courage that I may outstand others,for what's worth living for is worth dying for.The race was running legato.The story swiftly changed on reaching more than the half of the race,my joules dropped and speedometer reads so low.Tiredness crept in.At this point,I gathered momentums to atleast make it to the end.Big boys with long legs don leave me for back.Although,I was not the only one lagging behind, yet was still trying to break others,but to no avail.Few of the audience were cheering me up that I can still do it while majority of those that praised me in the last two runs shifted their attentions away from me.I don't need tell you that when failure attendeth your ways like a flow of river,those that do love you'll loathe/disown you instantly.The temptation to quit was pressing and circulating in my body system,but I refused to compromised
Finally,I reached the finishing line not with my two feets standing but collapsed.I was carried like a baby from the ground.chai! I smelled hell that day.
Just like that I reached the destination though very stressful and energy consuming.My Joy was that I losed not the equilibrium-does not quit on the way.
Hmmm.The above illustration defines the race of life in its simplicity.The first two runs were so smooth which turned everybody a friend.Well done messages were sent for making it.Ooops! the second race wasn't easy;you'll be deserted by your bossom friends and those that congratulated you in your previous successes.
However,to keep moving,you must shun all discouraging words and let your spirit encourage you not to lose focus or quit at the middle of the race.Better it's to get there being the last than to quit halfway.
Don't expect the race of life to be so-so-smooth all the time.
Don't expect all to throw words of encouragement to you.Be the number one source of encouragement to yourself.If you'll not quit,you'll not fail.As much as you're determined to reach the finishing line,you'll get there.The race of life calls for determination,endurance,focus and self confidence.If people believe not in you,believe in yourself.In this journey,don't forget God.If you're ready for this race,be prepared to carry your cross yourself.Your parents can't help carry it,but can only encourage you.Your friends can't help run it,you run it yourself.Don't give up no matter how hard it's;you'll certainly get there and overcome the tracherous iceberg of life.Remember 'quitters never win'
Let me wrap up this piece by the word of Myles Munroe which says 'The successful man on earth is not a rich man,but a finished man'
LET YOUR SONG BE 'I'll finish my race' I'll not give up'
See you there.
You can follow me on twitter @(Isaacsogo)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this encouraging piece. The race of life demands, stamina and faith. And it is the tough moments that make the story worth telling; just as the Bible says, "If you fail in the day of adversity, your strength is small." May the Lord help us to finish strong as we run our race with patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.Am encouraged by the word.Thanks

    ReplyDelete